Sunday, August 7, 2005

DISCLAIMER: my computer stinks...

I am saying this because I wrote this big long blog two days ago and when I went to publish it... POOF! System error, freezing, big old stupid stuff! So, anyway, I'm going to rewrite my Michigan blog and then write a thing or two about the past/next few days. Enjoy.

"My sister: the Pet Ambulance driver... 'she'll get there in ten minutes or less or your next spay/neuter is free!' "
OR
"Back in Minnesota... thank you MNDOT for not having moronic road signs... unless Wisconsin and Michigan"

Hello everyone! I'm back! Michigan was really fun, especially since it was my sis and me. Well, I know people will (and have been) ask what I was up to in MI, so here, coming to you live (well, not really) is the agenda to the 1st Annual Semi-Family Vacation!!! (this is my first roadtrip/ vacation with just family members ever and it's the first for my sister too, so it's a big deal for us)
-travel across 6th longest suspension bridge in the world to see flaming puppets
-walk on the world's longest porch
-traverse Michigan's first state park/ the country's second national park (est. 3 yrs after Yellowstone)
-tandem bike 8 miles in under 45 minutes (SCORE!)
-learn "mystery" to the Mystery Spot without actually going there
-sleep on top of the world's second largest living organism
-heckle MI and WI road signs and copous amounts of alcohol (the fact that gas stations had copious amounts of alcohol for sale, that is)
-drive aggressively... in both car and tandem bike
-waltz during a rose dance in front of 100 people... and some Amish
-buy 3 lbs of fudge (MMMmmmm........)
-relive the Old West, thanks to Professor Harry
-drive through Humungous Fungus and Humungous Mushroom Country
-curse at a 1979 penny
-listen to my sister label dogs as fat
-attempt to go wireless in our hotel room!... keyword: "attempt"
-see 60% of HOMES
-be mistaken for being married to my sister
-eat lunch in one of the 25 best hotels in the world
-discuss the war between Hurley and Ironwood
-go from Monday to Thursday with only really talking to one person back home... and it was That... Joe Kid
-spend some time with Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
-go to a non-self-service gas station (first time ever for both me and Tess) where one guy talks really fast

Yay, wasn't that fun? Oh, and now... TADA! Some facts and figures from the First Annual Semi-Family Vacation:
Canadian Count: (from MN to MI only... it got too rainy and such the way back) 16
candy shops not on Mackinac Island that advertised specifically fudge: 8
candy shops on Mackinac Island that advertised specifically fudge: at least 12
the average cooler count of a WI gas station: 5 alcohol, 3 soda, 1 bottled water, 2 dairy
thoughts to ponder: "How do you broast a chicken?", "Which way to Ashland?", "How is Canada ruled?", "What is the size of the world's largest organism? (we know what it is, we just need to find how big it is)", "How is a WI town 'unincorporated' ?", "How does a WI town become 'incorporated' and how we never saw these 'incorporated' towns?", "What town are Harleys made in?", "What is a nimrod?", "What is a pasty? (Actually, we not only found out what a pasty is slang for, but also a p-ah-sty... spelled the same, pronounced differently, meaning two really different things)", and "What is a honey rock?"

There, now don't you wish you could have come along? Well, it was really fun and such...

Okay, that was the point that the MI blog started to trail off, so I'm going to end that part and add the new thing or two. So... I just got back from randomly road-tripping to Park Rapids. Erik decided to head to Park Rapids since Megs and family were at their cabin, and I was invited/kidnapped. It was quite fun... although having the five of us (Erin, Erik, Megs, Becky, and me) sleep by the firepit was... unique to say the least. Okay, what I wanted everyone to know was that Joe (from MusiCamp... That Joe Kid and such) is coming up to Bji for a few days and that I'll be staying a friend's house during that time, so I'll be away from the computer. Well, I'll still be able to email if it's important, but I won't be able to have midnight conversations with people, because the house I'll be sleeping in won't have Internet. This will be the case from when Joe gets up in Bji (tonight) until Wed midday (but I'll be home on Wed night). Even still, feel free to email, IM when I'm on, and comment on the blogs (especially if you have answers to the thoughts to ponder above... except the one about pasties). Okay, have a nice time everyone... talk to you later! :-) Oh, and Joe says hi to everyone as well (well, not really, but I bet he would if he was here or online rather than being on the road between Sisseton and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment