Welp. I was on a bus. Partway through the trip, I thought there was going to be excitement in the appearance of mechanical issues, but fortunately, it was held at bay the rest of the way back. After talking with co-workers, today did make me think back to my very first shuttle chaperone which was the long bus (same route) on the first shuttle weekend of the year (same time). That time, the problems happened when we were going out with the students and we ended up stalled on the shoulder of an exit lane onto Interstate 70. As each semi passed by, it made the bus sway and make me thankful that we were under a street light. I always look to that street light whenever I take that exit (which happens a lot, since it's how I get to places like Columbia and St Louis).
Once I got back to campus, I made another step with passing the torches of Math Team and Envirothon onward. I met with another co-worker to discuss Family Weekend, so it felt like two hours of word vomit on my end. Blech.
After all of that happened, I came upstairs to see two of my guys sitting outside of my apartment door in camping chairs. A guy or two had commented about "two guys camping outside your door" but I underestimated their dedication, especially since they were sitting out there for about four hours. On a positive note, one of the guys was working on how to run Math Team this year.
So, it was Labor Day and I think chaperoning a shuttle is kind of symbolic of the holiday. I mean, I was working the shuttle, but at the same time, a lot of the work was spent reading or watching movies.
I was considering making this a more in-depth entry but it's already late and I need to rest up before tomorrow. It'll certainly be a busy day. Good night all. DFTBA.
Monday, September 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment