Okay, so I was planning on blogging sooner... anyway, hi.
I had a mini-breakthrough when it comes to my computer this week. For a while, my DVD-R drive has lost the ability to read any CDs and the PS2 can't read burned CDs (which is a lot of my collection). Also I don't like using headphones when I'm in my room. What I finally remembered was that my monitor has separate speakers with its own audio cord, so now I have a CD player plugged directly into the monitor speakers. A friend from choir recently burned me some CDs of concerts from this and last year, which is pretty awesome. It's kind of odd listening to Christmas music when it's Easter, especially since each CD has multiple concerts so it'll be a few Christmas songs, then back to other stuff.
Speaking of Easter, I helped the choir out with the Holy Week masses (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil) and ended up spending a lot of time at church. The choir was a combination of people from all masses and working with some of the "new people" was as enjoyable as I had hoped. Tonight, there was a guy who used a microphone stand with microphone as a coatrack. (Our director will sometimes want people to use the mikes during practice to get a proper balance and the coat was right in my way from seeing the director.) Looking back overall, I do acknowledge the fact that I've grown spoiled when it comes to choral groups, thanks to Chamber Singers. Yes, we joke, but people stay focused and there's a lot of amazing sightreaders (I mean, there are a lot of grad students there).
I've been playing this relatively close to the chest, but I have a job now. I'll be working at the Missouri Academy at a full-time job that's strikingly similar to the CA job now. It'll be with high school students, but I'll be working with students and helping them with adjusting to the college scene... enforcing quiet hours... the usual. Plus, the main part of the job (interacting with the students when they aren't at class) is at night, which will be amazing.
Hmm... what else to say? For Easter, I'll be swinging by my aunt's house, which will be nice because otherwise I would have been sitting around here. Hopefully I can study too, but yeah, tomorrow will be a good way to catch up with family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment