Hello everyone,
Well, things have been going well here. Yesterday was the Target trip, so now I think I have everything bought... I just need to find it and pack it up (with the exception of a shamee which is at Cool Threads, I think). My mom and I had fun looking for knick-knacks and such at Target and the Dollar Tree. At one point, my mom showed me a photo album from when she was a counselor back in college. I'm hoping to get in a camera-using mood for camp.
I got some emails from people from camp. Apparently there are really under in terms of registered participants, so hopefully I can whip up a poster and spur some interest at St. Philip's. I may be getting some time off, but I'll just have to wait and see.
It's been interesting having my sister and I back in the house together. I can tell it's been a while since we've both lived here for more than a night or two. It's nothing big; it just feels like she and I are developing into different personalities (Tess being more type A and wanting to do stuff like lots of cleaning, and I'm more type B and being calm and laid back.) Of course, I'm using this time to relax in between school and CYC, and Tess is definitely the family member that's out-spoken against pack rat...ism. She leaves for St. Cloud on Friday, which is the same day I go with my mom to Brainard for First Aid/CPR training/certification, so it will probably seem like an empty house for that weekend at least (going from four people and four dogs to one person and three dogs).
Today I got to have lunch with Linnea, who is getting married in 10 days. Chris (her fiancee) also stopped by for a little bit, but had to leave early to go to work. I'm really happy for those two and I wish that I could be at the wedding. I can't say that I've spent a lot of time with Chris, but he seems like a nice guy and I've worked with Linnea for however many productions to know that she deserves an awesome partner. I found out at lunch today that they've both put time into UMN before coming back to Bemidji. I think Linnea said they've both been to three colleges in the same order.
It's definitely been warm in the house. I will admit that Bemidji is far up north and doesn't get as hot as the Cities or wherever, but my room... the room the computers are in always seem to get really hot. The winter insulation is still up on the windows, so that probably explains some of it.
Hopefully tomorrow can be a good day of packing, sorting, and organizing. I'm going to at least stop by Joe's to drop off a game I've been borrowing... for a year now... and it'll be nice to spend some time with him since I haven't been able to do that much recently.
Well, I should go. I was sorting through some old high school documents and I stumbled across some interesting handouts I got in AP Psychology. I remember taking that class and thinking that if nothing, after taking the class, I knew how to spell psychology. :-P I hope everyone is doing well. Like I said before, if you wanted my summer address, let me know ASAP. Talk to everyone later (if it's by mail it'll be soon-ish, if it's by the Internet it'll be a while), take care and God bless!
~Matt dB
"Marrying a woman for her beauty makes no more sense that eating a bird for its singing." --AP Psych textbook, pg 279
"De-Stressors
1. Jam 39 miniature marshmallows up your nose and sneeze them out.
2. Use your MasterCard to pay your Visa.
3. Pop some popcorn without putting a lid on the pot.
4. When someone says, 'Have a nice day!', tell them you have other plans.
5. Make a list of Things to Do that you've already done.
6. Dance naked in front of your pets.
7. Put your toddler's clothing on backwards and send him/her to school as if nothing was wrong.
8. Fill out your income tax forms in Roman Numerals.
9. Tape pictures of your supervisor on watermelons and launch from a great height.
10. Go clothes shopping, buy lots, sweat in them and then return them the next day.
11. Pay your utility bill in pennies.
12. Drive to work in reverse.
13. Polish your car with earwax.
14. Invoice your doctor for time spent in the waiting room.
15. Braid your hair in each nostril.
16. Write a short story using alphabet soup.
17. Lie on your back, eat taco chips and use your navel as a salsa dipper.
18. Stare at people through the tines of a fork and pretend they are in jail.
19. Make up a language and ask people for directions."
"Relax - Release - Renew!
1. Be aware of your 'stressors' and make choices that help you deal with them effectively.
2. When your body talks - listen! The mind and body work together to influence health and happiness.
3. Feed yourself healthy food and healthy thoughts.
4. Develop an attitude of gratitude. Experiences are 'growth gifts'.
5. Make personal choices that are in harmony with your personal value system and commit to them enthusiastically.
6. Take responsibility for your choices and do things that will enhance the quality of your life and the lives of others.
7. Tune into your feelings and express them responsibly rather than deny them or blame them on others.
8. Be yourself. Accept yourself and others nonjudgmentally.
9. Practice physical and mental exercises that build up energy, release tension, and increase vibrancy.
10. Get unstuck. New perspectives offer new ways to deal with old problems.
11. Develop nurturing, supportive relationships.
12. Laugh and play. Life is more fun when you flow with it rather than fight it.
13. Release the past. Let go of what doesn't work and replace it with something that does.
14. Visualize what you want and affirm it constantly.
15. Live fully in the 'now'. Be completely immersed in the present moment and melt into it!"
"Why worry?
40% will never happen, for anxiety is the result of a tired mind.
30% concerns old decisions which cannot be altered.
12% center in criticisms, mostly untrue, made by people who feel inferior.
10% is related to my health which worsens while I worry and only
8% is 'legitimate', showing that life does have real problems which may be met head on when I have eliminated senseless worries."
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment