Saturday, February 3, 2007

to always be in your comfort zone is to live a sheltered life

Hello everyone,

So, to answer the first question, yes I've still alive. There were many nights I was planning on posting an entry, but it just didn't end up happening for one reason or another. I'm not sure where I originally heard the subject line of this entry, but it kind of sums up part of my current life. When I say part, I'm mainly referring to something that happened last Tuesday. Long story short, I was really uncomfortable doing the "lifeboat activity" at my CA workshop (and if any people are reading this because of the CA selection process, I've already talked to Katie, Sanford's/Roy Wilkin's HD, about this already, and I'd be willing to talk about it, if you were wondering). Plus, it just relates back to how the Twin Cities is a different world from Bemidji.

Anyway... classes have been going well, although I need to get more done on the weekends, so my weeknights aren't as rushed. This semester is definitely different from my other three semesters, because it's less hardcore math and sciene, and more reading and analzying texts. I'll just need to set time aside every day for reading and writing, whether it's soc or theatre. The math classes are starting to pick up, and I should start working on early music ensemble stuff throughout the week. In short, all the classes are getting into full swing, but fortunately I have room in my schedule for improvement.

Outside of classes, things are pretty good. I'm really thankful for all my friends who have served as alarm clocks and printers. (Both of them haven't been working properly... in one way or another.) I got an office chair for myself, so it's nice to have a chair with arms. I'm also thankful for all the fun times I've had with friends so far this semester.

Well, I should get stuff done this afternoon, because I have a choir concert tonight. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Talk to you all later, take care and God bless.

~Matt dB

No comments:

Post a Comment