Sunday, February 18, 2007

a third decade begins

Hello everyone,

If you're not sure what my subject line means, today is my birthday, so I'm know 20 years old. This is one of those times I bring stuff from sociology into my everyday life... but I won't bore you with that. In any case, there are certainly a lot of birthdays between Friday and Monday!

This weekend has been pretty good. Mel had some old high school friends come to campus for her birthday (which is tomorrow), and it just worked out that yesterday, the four of us went to the Star Power show choir competition in Waconia (Allison's younger brother was also there, so that's why the three of them were going). Right off the bat, I ran into Superintendent Hess after I bought my wristband. He offered to buy me dinner, although I ended up leaving before then... so maybe I'll let him know when I'll be in Bemidji again. I also saw various VM parents and alumni, as well as my old chemisty teacher. I was surprised and glad to see him there, especially figuring in the five hour drive or so. In the end, I saw W.V. Sound Check (Mel's, Allison's, and Joy's high school), Executive Session (Prairie du Sac), and of course Vocalmotive. I'll have to admit, I was wondering how VM would do when I saw them at the dinner show, but they did an amazing job yesterday. In the end, VM got Grand Champion, Best Vocals, Choreo and Stage Crew, and W.V. got 1st runner-up overall, which is really good for a group that's only been around for two years now.

At midnight this morning, I had a birthday toast randomly and some people randomly stormed my room... okay, not stormed, moreso came to my room as soon as it hit midnight and gave me candy and such. I'm also thinking about having some type of fun birthday dinner tonight... or I might just wait until tomorrow and then combine it with Mel and Currier.

Well, I do have a sociology exam tomorrow, so I really need to get on studying that as well as making a second draft of the theatre paper, and other odds and ends. I hope everyone is doing well, and thanks to everyone who's sent me birthday messages/emails/phone calls/etc. TTEL, take care and God bless.

~Matt dB

No comments:

Post a Comment