Friday, November 10, 2006

just two more weeks, just two more weeks...

Hello everyone,

The best way to describe stuff lately... is that there's a lot of it. I can definitely tell that I've been on edge about a good deal of things recently, which isn't fun at all. Let's see, I'll just run through the ally's:

physically: Middlebrook Hall has been switching over to 'winter mode' when the heat is actually turned on, so there were some really good days when the rooms were way too warm (Mike and I normally keep our room the coldest out of everyone, with having the window open and A/C on full blast), especially for sleeping. things have been getting better seeing as it's getting colder outside (now if only it would snow).

emotionally: it's definitely been a bit of an emotional rollar coaster lately, and for those of you who know me well enough, you should probably be able to guess one of the things that comes across my mind a good deal. there are definitely times when little things can just rub me the wrong way, but at least I've been getting better over the years when it comes to things like that (especially compared to certain memories from elementary school and high school).

mentally: it's been a long and heavy semester. I've been working on my schedule for next semester (since I can register next Thursday), and I'm definitely going to take a load off when it comes to classes (and one of the biggest steps is no more physics!). Currently, there are three midterms, one paper, and the Beethoven's Ninth Symphony concert standing in between me and Thanksgiving break, and fortunately, all of those are over with by the 20th, so I'll have a few days to relax before heading home (which will be nice, but I definitely need some buffer time in between midterms and Bemidji).

spiritually: my current night reading is "Letters from a Skeptic", which was a book Tess gave me a while ago and I'm finally getting around to reading it. I've been praying a lot lately for patience, so at a certain point, I just have to stop worrying about current stuff (especially stuff that's beyond my individual control). Plus, I haven't been going to Cru in a while, so this next week, I should try to go (so hopefully I can get out of work before 8).

So yeah, things have been kind of stressed lately, but hopefully this weekend will be a good way to get work done (especially since I don't work this weekend). Plus, there's a murder mystery dinner party which I'm a part of on Sunday night... I just hope I can get enough time to study for the DS/Chaos midterm on Monday. Talk to everyone later (hopefully I can see Bemidji people when I'm up for Thanksgiving, but I'll have more details later), take care and God bless.

~Matt dB

No comments:

Post a Comment