Well, it's finally here... my last day in Bemidji. It's hard to believe that 3-1/2 months (I think?) have already wisked by. So, let's take a peek at Matt's facebook page and see what he was up to this summer:
--PBP job
--X3 midnight showing!
--assistant of the Bemidji High School Marching Band
--make-it-yourself root beer floats in McDonalds (with Leukens ingredients) 6/19
--going to the carnival with PBP people, watching Matt and Bill win stuffed animals, eating fried food, and in all spending less money than Megan (my stage manager) 6/30
--rejuvenating trip to the cabin, awesome road trip with Mum, and some dang good spice cookies 7/1
--find out that my headshot is 'cute' and that I act like I'm in my mid-20's (in a good way) 7/11
--rope-swinging, swimming, kayaking, frisbee-ing, and picnicing fun! 7/17
--the return of Sancho a la MusiCamp!!! 7/23-7/29
--poker nights/mornings with G&D cast 8/11, 8/13
--punching Nathan Detroit in the hand during a show 8/12
--acting like two completely idiotic characters while only using a pair of sunglasses and a common computer mouse 8/24-8/29
Wow, going to the X-Men midnight showing and working with the marching band seems like so long ago. After having a few days to myself, even all of the PBP stuff seems like months ago. I'd like to think that this summer was definitely a summer of opportunity, and I'd like to hope that I grabbed all the opportunities I could. Opportunity is definitely a mixture of luck, having the right connections, and actual talent. I should probably work on getting actual talent, you know, so I won't have to rely on luck as much. ;-)
There have been so many awesome people that I got to work with this summer--you all rock! Also, I'd like to hope that at least a few of them became my friends. Maybe I'll run into some of them when I wander in the Cities...
What does the future hold? Well, tomorrow I leave Bemidji, and get to move in and get my loft a day before 80%-90% of the student body even arrives on campus! Then on Saturday, I'll be helping out freshmen get moved in for the first time (I'm a part of the "Bruinicks Welcome Crew", so that's why I get to move in a day early)... I'll try not to be too scary. Then, on Tuesday, classes begin... oh boy. My class schedule consists of 8 credits of UD math, 4 credits of Honor Physics III, 4 credits of Rhetoric of Everyday Life, and 1 credit of Chamber Singers (assuming I don't screw up my call-back audition). Fortunately enough, I only have one hour of classes on TTh, but my MWF is far from that short. I'll also be working at UDS again, although I've been able to get out of the dishroom.
Well, there isn't much to say really. After I post this blog and finish up being online, I'm signing off and you won't hear from me again until after I've moved into the dorms (unless you see/hear from me in person). I wish everyone safe travels this weekend. For all the incoming freshmen, remember that everyone was in your shoes once, no matter how unlikely it may seem. Talk to everyone later, take care and God bless.
Signing off from Bemidji Base,
Matt dB
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment