Saturday, August 19, 2006

the end of an empire... :-(

Paul Bunyan Playhouse 2006: 1 Season. 5 Shows. 10 Weeks. 45 Performances.

It's really a lot to take in. This summer/season has gone by so fast, yet it's been jam-packed with fun experiences. Tonight is the last night of Guys & Dolls, which also makes it the last night of the PBP's summer season. It's been a great time becoming a stronger triple threat, hanging with the five casts, and being a part of five different shows.

I'm not sure what else to say about it. The cast is heading out tomorrow and the artistic staff (aka Zach and Rachel) leave Monday. I only wish I could have gotten to spend more time with those two. What would be really awesome is to audition for Zach and then (hopefully) get a role in next summer's season... and then I could maybe even live at the dorms! That would rock!

So, what else does the remaining sliver of summer hold for me? At this point, it's up in the air. There's the potential of another theatre gig, but person A has to talk to person B and see if my services are needed. As of yet, I haven't heard from person A or B, in regards to the potential gig. Either way, the rest of my summer is going to be trying to see everyone I can before I leave, as well as getting my school stuff ready for when I leave. Still no word on the "Brunicks Welcome Crew", but assuming that follows through, I'll get to move into the dorms a day early (which means no lines for the elevator). Plus, I get to help out other people move in, and avoid any potential rain. (Random Fact: it rained on the day I moved into and out of the dorms as I was moving the last stuff.)

Well, I should get some food and get ready for tonight. Tonight will be bittersweet; that's for sure.

~Matthew T.

No comments:

Post a Comment