Friday, August 25, 2006

let us have a measure of silence

Okay, so I wake up, go downstairs, and the first thing I see is a newspaper article left out for me... telling me that Maynard Ferguson died Wednesday night.... For those of you not familiar with the name, Maynard was one of the trumpet greats and he'll probably remembered forever for "Gonna Fly Now" (which I'm listening to right now, actually). It was just sad, especially how my jazz band played with his band senior year of high school, and how he just seemed so happy and full of life.

Well, my life has been going quite well recently. Yesterday was the first day (of like three...) for RMRW, and it was quite fun. Then again, lunch at Green Mill with various ppl from the "cast" and the SOAR office was also entertaining. I think I have the most lines/parts of anyone, which is funny because I'm not even a BSU'er. :-P Fortunately, a lot of this stuff is just common sense lines, that go hand and hand with other people's lines. What's awesome is that for one of the scenes, I can just space out and I only have like 5 lines (as a stoner, so the spacing out is... expected?). :-)

Also last night, I met up with Chris and Erik, who was attempting to jog around the lake w/out stopping (this was Chris. Erik was for moral support, water, and a distance/time marker). I later learned that Chris had only jogged like 4 miles straight before I attempted this... and he was kicking himself for only going 14 miles and not the last like 2 miles. *rolls eyes* After that, we grabbed (besides overestimated his physical strength with the running, Chris also overestimated his appetite by ordering the 10 taco combo by himself and making it about halfway) food and headed back to Erik's house for the "traditional" night of video games. Hmm... how to describe that? Well, I hadn't played Halo since May (the last MBH Bible study, oddly enough), and based on last night, I just have no motivation to ever play it again (unless I'm with a lot of people I know on system link). Maybe that's a little dramatic... and part of it was that my screen was a 1/4th of the screen (because of multiplayer-ness), and that we were playing a mode without any shields with really good people (so I was lucky to hear shooting before I died). Then again, Chris and Erik were just playing it over and over and when I suggested a new game, they just kind of shrugged it off. So yeah... eh....

Speaking of video games (I'll keep this paragraph short, I promise), Battlefront 2 got a little repetitive, and after talking to some people, I found a new game that I'm now into: Kingdom Hearts. If you don't know what it's about, basically it's a Final Fantasy-style character that goes around and save a bunch of Disney worlds. Yes, Disney. As in I've already been finding things to prove Alice's innocence to the Queen of Hearts, fighting off the three-headed dog of Hades (which is a pain to beat) while Hercules rescued someone, swinging and "surfing" the trees with Tarzan, and putting a stop to Jafar (both as a vizer and genie... not too tough, honestly). Yeah, it's an amazing game, and I like how everything works together (and yes, since it's Disney, there are "awww" moments, like when you see the dalmatian puppies for the first time).

Let's see... well, since the PBP season wrapped up, things have been slower than normal, but it's nice to have something like RMRW again. Speaking of which, I should get going for rehearsal. Hope everyone is doing well, maybe I can spend some last time with Bemidji ppl before I go. TTYL, take care and God bless.

~Matt dB

No comments:

Post a Comment