On Friday (yeah, I'm not sure why I'm going in reverse chronological order), Adam, Kristina, and I went to St Joe for a half-day of hooky, including mini-golf and seeing Cars 2. Oh, and it included this! (*DUN DUN DUUUUHHHNNNN!!!!*)
That was from the panel inside of Kristina's car and we figured that the humidity easily added up to another 10 degrees. So yeah... "it be hot!" It's funny because this was either right before or right after we went mini-golfing and as much as we were dreading the heat, we went with it anyway. I think that being here for part of the summer has gotten me adjusted to the heat... it could also be the car with variable a/c and having to visit a building without any central air or a/c to pick up supplies. Who knows, maybe I'll have to re-adjust next summer, but when it comes down to it, I won't make any summer visits to Texas/Georgia/Florida/etc anytime soon.
This week is my last week with Upward Bound (the students are still in the program for another week, but that is their week-long trip to Chicago), and it's also my last week in Missouri. Okay, not really, but I am going up to Minnesota on Friday for about a week to visit family and friends. It'll be quick, but I'm looking forward to briefly catching up with people (especially people I haven't seen in a while, like some of my old residents and high school friends).
I don't have much else to say, so I'll close with two video links. The first one is to commemorate the 4th and also to say "Hey, did you know that they are making a new Muppets movie*? My inner child is jumping around right now!" The other one is just an awesome movie I stumbled across today (and is something I could totally see my friends and I putting together, given the right supplies).
Night!
*Movies that are coming out soon that I want to see*
-Harry Potter 7 Part 2
-Captain America!
-The Muppets
-Cowboys & Aliens

No comments:
Post a Comment