I was going off of the "spring has sprung" bit... yeah, never mind.
Anyway, hello. How is everyone? Good, I hope. The past week was definitely a race to the finish, like I had guessed. We had students present some of the ELMS projects to everyone, finals, the graduation dinner with all the families (including two or three families from Korea), the actual graduation ceremony, and then moving everyone out--Phew! It was sad to see the students go, but I know everyone was looking ahead to summer. The best part is that yes I'll miss students, but there's Facebook and invasion weekends, so it's not like I'll never hear from them again (that is, if I want to stay in touch, it's quite easy this day and age).
The past few days have been quite nice, although I have been finding things to work on, that's for sure. On Sunday, I got a whole bunch of random stuff done in like 3 hours before walking to church, going to the Mandarin, and then seeing Prince of Persia (which I thought was pretty good... not the best movie in existence, but decent). We have two students who are sticking around until this weekend when their research starts and a third student lives on campus with his research. On Monday, a few of the RCs had a Memorial Day cookout out in the garden with steaks and corn, and some different people showed up and it was quite fun. Today, I went to the summer movie series showing of Invictus, which I really liked. I also enjoyed how many people from the community showed up and even with Maryville being a small community, it seemed like people liked it.
Like I said, I've had some work to do as well: checking fire extinguishers, cleaning the lounge, cleaning my apartment, catching up on last paperwork. I'm trying to get the more pertinent stuff done by Friday because I'm going to Wisconsin for a co-worker's wedding this weekend. I'll be back in Missouri for another week, which will probably be finishing up with cleaning my room and relocating the floor lounge to a different room.
Another noteworthy thing is that I started up 365Days: Year 2 today. The 365Days project is where you take a self-portrait everyday for a year. I did it back in sophomore/junior year of college and I figured I should have another go, especially with the new camera. If you're interesting in being a 365Days buddy (working on one as well and we can talk about ideas or life) or want the link, just let me know.
Well, I should head to bed. There's a cookout tomorrow and I was planning to fill out more paperwork and do some shopping before then. See ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment