Monday, May 24, 2010

Race to the Finish 2010

The title of this post is probably the simplest way to express the next week (and the past two weeks). The students can start moving out on Wednesday and graduation is on Saturday. My, how a year flies...

Here is a snapshot of some of the things I've been up to since my last post two weeks (and a few days) ago:

-had an amazing weekend away from campus which included mini-golf, seeing Iron Man 2, and going to Dave & Buster's in Kansas City
-took a student to the Math League Regional competition at UMKC (which included students from MO, IL, IA, KS, CA, and AZ)
-prom and after-prom with the students (at after-prom, I was helping students with the big sumo suits and ended up staying the whole time)
-took 25-30 seniors camping for a night out at Mozingo
-helped with a Summer Orientation session where I got to meet a number of incoming first-year students (I'm even more excited for next year now)
-got a new camera! (it's an s90, thank you Adem) I've updated my Flickr page and will starting up 365Days: Year 2 next Tuesday

Of course, during this time, I also supervised a couple of ELMS (Experiential Learning during May Session) projects: one was music appreciation and learning to play guitar, one was cleaning and re-organizing the common areas and storage areas (it was unbelievable what we were able to accomplish in three weeks) and one was teaching the Math Team various math topics.

Well, today is my last day off and I definitely have work to be done. I've been in the process of spring cleaning over the last two weeks or so, and I'm trying to get as much done before the all-Academy meetings as well as try to stay in my apartment. (We've had a heat wave since Saturday and my apartment is one of the cooler places in the building... plus, it's my day off...)

I'll be updating more once the students move out, but for now, here's to the race!



Here's some older videos that I figured I should post:
Music - "Rowdy Orchestra"
Animation - "Russian Mario vs Pac Man"

No comments:

Post a Comment