Monday, June 21, 2010

"There's a snake in my boot!"

Well, in a way, week 3 of this summer has ended and week 4 begins. So, here's what happened over the last week:

Monday - Road trip from Maryville to West Des Moines. Since that drive is only around 3 hours, we were able to take a side trip to see some of the covered bridges of Madison County. I hadn't seen the movie before, so that night, we borrowed the movie from the hotel and saw that. It was a really nice day to explore, and we also got to see a hedge maze as well as the birthplace of John Wayne. (Oh, and we saw parts of Iowa that were just flooded!)

Tuesday - Road trip from West Des Moines to Bemidji. This day was definitely no-nonsense driving, since it's a long trip. We bypassed the Twin Cities since we had a feeling we would get bogged down with traffic and construction. It was a long day, but it was nice to get back.

Wednesday - That day, I was really left to my own devices. The weather was good so I walked into town and ended up walking to the college. The trail along the river to the college has definitely changed since the last time I walked it. The last part of the trail used to be really open with some big trees but now there's a new bike path that cuts off the left and the lake was higher than normal, and the rest of the path was covered with some kind of prairie grass. Anyway, I just sort of wandered around town.

Thursday - It was kind of rainy so I just stayed around the house. I did get to spend some more time with the new puppy. (Again, pictures are up on Flickr if you wanted to see her.)

Friday - Another low-key day, although I met up with a really good friend from high school. We got to catch up, play some video games and then we went into town to the pub to hear an Irish band. They did some pretty sweet covers as well as some traditional Irish songs.

Saturday - I helped out with a number of errands and had coffee with some family friends. It was nice to catch up with people and I got to check out one of nurseries in town (for plants, not babies).

Sunday - Oh Father's Day. It was definitely a long day: up at 6am to help Dad move a trailer into town, church and breakfast with some church families, a spontaneous trip to see Grandma with the dogs, and then I met up with a long-time friend from MusiCamp. It was really nice to catch up, which included starting a band in Rock Band 2 (called the Frosted Glass after the bit in The Producers) and a game in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. We also went and saw Toy Story 3. Oh my goodness it was a great movie. It's one of those movies that I won't tell you about because I don't want to spoil the story, but if you like the first two Toy Story movies, I'd definitely recommend it.

If you do follow Flickr, you may notice that these descriptions are very similar to my daily postings on my 365Days pictures. Well, this is true. I figure that there may be people who read me here but don't follow Flickr. There will be times that I post here about random stuff that I don't post on Flickr but I haven't thought of a lot of blog topics recently. (If anything, I'm trying to think of good photograph ideas.)

Well, I'm here for another few days and then it's a few days in Pine River, the weekend in St Cloud, and then a few days in Minneapolis.

Oh, and no videos to post since I don't spend lots of the time searching YouTube/CollegeHumor/etc when I'm home. I have seen one commercial a few times that I kind of like. This should be the proper link: Sprint 4G Firsts Commercial. (I just went and found it now.) It kind of reminds me of the Honda Rune Goldberg commercial but it's obviously different.

No comments:

Post a Comment