My high school choir did this piece during one of the winter concerts and it's always stuck by me as a Christmas song. One reason I'm glad to be back home is that during the Christmas Eve mass, we got to sing part of the Christmas carols in Latin. Whenever we would prepare for the winter concert in Chamber Singers, we would sing basically everything in Latin and German, so hearing those same tunes in Latin has that extra kick.
The past few days have been pretty good. I've been sticking around the house and laying low. I helped out with shoveling yesterday and we opened up presents after church on Christmas Eve. I ended up getting some snacks, a "geometry for the clueless" book (that will be helpful with the math team), and a nice stack of movies. I'll be doing the family festivities tomorrow and I hope to spend some time with high school friends before I head down to the Cities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment