15 Truths and 5 Lies. Answers after the list.
1. I've been confused as a college freshman and even a high school senior.
2. I have my own personalized business cards.
3. I was able to see the Bearcat football game we won by deflecting an extra point kick attempt after a field goal.
4. Thanks to my new kitchen, I've been able to bake cookies for the first time ever.
5. We had to evacuate the building twice in a month (parts of November and December) for a fire alarm and both were false alarms.
6. Part of my plans for next semester including driving kids to Alabama for the NASA space museum and then Fargo for the film festival.
7. One of the best parts of driving students home for a shuttle weekend is being able to blast my CDs through the van's stereo for the entire trip back.
8. I will follow the trend of my co-workers by painting a wall of my apartment before the students come back for the spring semester.
9. I am on duty everyday that I'm not specifically 'off duty' from 4pm-midnight.
10. Along with all the students, I get a school-issued laptop with the instructions "if you get a virus, bring it back and we'll trade you for a new one".
11. Also, like all the students, I get a basic cable package in my apartment.
12. I was able to take students to Relay for Life to help with setting the event up back in September.
13. After the night of the first huge snowfall, we took all the students out for a huge snowball fight (and some students hadn't seen snow in that large amounts, so they all had a blast).
14. I helped take a busload of students to Kansas City to see Wicked and got to see the show for free!
15. There was a restaurant in town that opened back up in August after a fire. One of their most well-known appetizers? The "flaming cheese."
16. Our front desk has a larger selection of things to check than the front desk at Middlebrook, from board games and movies to sports equipment and tools.
17. Our campus has a couple of stray cats that stay warm by lying on outdoor heat vents. (A student tried to find one a home about a week ago.)
18. Part of campus is called "International Plaza" that has flags of all the countries that Northwest students have ever called home.
19. One thing students have complained about is the distance between our building and the library and student union (where the food court is at).
20. Our University transportation 'fleet' includes cars, 15-passenger vans, shuttle buses, greyhound-sized buses, and two airplanes.
Answers: (highlight them to make them appear)
1. Truth (I was confused as a h.s. student at a Math Team competition.)
2. Truth
3. Lie (That game did happen, but I wasn't able to attend it.)
4. Truth
5. Truth
6. Truth
7. Lie (Our vans don't have CD players.)
8. Lie (That was a trend by several co-workers which I won't be doing, but I will be following the other trend of co-workers by buying a new TV for myself.)
9. Truth
10. Truth
11. Truth
12. Truth
13. Truth
14. Truth (and it was amazing!)
15. Truth
16. Lie (Our front desk doesn't have any movie collection to check out. Otherwise, it's a pretty nice selection of other stuff.)
17. Truth
18. Truth
19. Lie (The student union is 3 minutes away walking and the library is across the street.)
20. Truth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment