Sometime during spring semester, I was visiting my friend Dusty at her apartment when she showed me "Greg Rutter's Definitive List of The 99 Things You Should Have Already Experienced On The Internet Unless You're a Loser or Old or Something", which includes many classic Internet viral videos like Charlie the Unicorn, Numa Numa, and Evolution of Dance, and it also includes some websites (like Post Secret and fail blog). Now, my Internet procrastination methods include a lot of comedic videos, so I've seen a fair number of funny things. After seeing that list, I decided to write out a personal addendum to the list, since there was a lot of amazing stuff that wasn't on Greg Rutter's list.
Here are the guidelines I tried to follow (like in Pirates of the Caribbean, "more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules"... because several of them were broken at one point or another):
--This list doesn't have to be "The 50 Most Popular Internet Videos that Greg Rutter missed"... it's awesome videos that I like and show to other people because I stumble upon them (sometimes very randomly).
--Don't copy items already on Greg Rutter's list. (This includes things like having Charlie the Unicorn 2 or 3 because the first one is on Greg's list.) What's the fun in that?
--This list is for videos made specifically for the Internet. Don't go nuts with movie clips, TV clips, TV commercials that are simply clipped from larger works without any editing. Taking a TV or movie clip/commercial and editing the audio and/or visual components is fair game (but again, don't go overboard).
--Give the list some variety. If there are 5 videos that are all great but are by the same person with the same topic/theme, just list one.
--Give credit where credit's due. Try to find the original link/poster/website (not always possible though). Besides being courteous, it's least likely to turn into a dead link from copyright infringements.
--No RickRolling! (It's already on the first list, so now it's a double no-no.)
With that, here's... "Matt's List of 50 More Videos to Watch on the Internet to Brighten Your Day in Addition to Greg Rutter's Definitive List... okay, 51"
+ denotes that I also recommend related videos, whether it's the same "storyline" or just the same people who made them
* denotes that the video is quite long, so consider yourself warned.
(As a reminder, I'm kind of a Nintendo/video games/general nerd... so consider yourself warned for that too. Finally, if you find any dead links, let me know.)
1. "Procrastination" Tales of Mere Existence [YouTube]+
2. 300 For Kids [YouTube]
3. 32 Songs in 8 Minutes [YouTube]
4. Asian Show - Funny, Karate Master [YouTube]+
5. Bible in a Minute [YouTube]
6. Cereal Mascot Therapy Session [CollegeHumor]+
7. Chess Love Story [YouTube]
8. Dead Snow Movie Trailer [Hulu]
9. Disney Templates [CollegeHumor]
10. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog [Hulu]*
11. Episode 101: Roommates [Dorm Life]+
12. Flat Life [YouTube]
13. Food Court Musical [Improv Everywhere]+
14. Food Fight [Tourist Pictures]
15. Frozen Waffles Have it Bad [CollegeHumor]
16. Funny Japanese Show [YouTube]
17. Heavy Breakfast Machine [YouTube]
18. Herpex [YouTube]+
19. in Bb 2.0 [inbflat.net]
20. Internet Party [Those Aren't Muskets]+
21. Internet People! - The Meth Minute 39 [Channel Frederator]+
22. Jake and Amir: Nutrition [CollegeHumor]+
23. Jerry Lewis - The Errand Boy (1961) Pantomime [YouTube]
24. Jokes With Einstein [Spinnerdisc]+
25. Jurassic Park in 30 Seconds (and Re-Enacted by Bunnies) [AngryAlien]+
26. Left 4 Dead: Funny Moments of Getting Owned Montage Part 4 [YouTube]+
27. Link finds a....WTF? [YouTube]
28. Monty Python - Black Knight (Star Wars) [YouTube]
29. Nintendo Choir [eBaum's World]
30. One man, 64 Track, A Cappella Thriller [YouTube]
31. Photo Booth Pranks 3 [YouTube]+
32. Power Point Stand Up [CollegeHumor]
33. Prank War 7: The Half Million Dollar Shot [CollegeHumor]+
34. Pyrats [YouTube]
35. Raving Rabbids (The "Complete" Collection) [YouTube]+
If you liked 35, here's a TF2 take on it...
35.5 TF2 Engineers: Very Useful Scientific Facts [YouTube]
36. Saving Private Ryan, Team Fortress 2 Style [YouTube]
37. Swedish Chef - Making Fish [YouTube]+
38. Team Fortress 2 - Super Smash Brothers 64 Intro [YouTube]
39. The Demented Cartoon Movie! [Albino Black Sheep]*
40. The Emperor's New Job [G4TV, X-Play]
41. The Fire Island Players Present: 5-Second Films (Ed Wood 2007) [5 Second Films]+
42. The Great Office War [Kontraband]
43. The Lazer Collection 2 [YouTube]+
44. The Matrix in One Minute [YouTube]
45. The Return of Ganondorf [NewGrounds]
46. There Will Be Brawl: Episode One [The Escapist]+
47. Unskippable: Grandia III [The Escapist]+
48. What is Love? on Mario Paint Composer [YouTube]
49. WoW Hardware Store [YouTube]
50. Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown [The Escapist]+
So there you have it! I hope you enjoy! I figured 50 was a good number because the original list was 99, but included some general websites and was able to draw out of the entire Internet (rather than making sure there was no copying). There were some that were taken out, and if I find enough new ones, I may make another addendum.
I'm interested to hear what people have to say. Know of some really good ones both Greg and I missed? Want to write your own list? I encourage others to write their list and to try to go by the guidelines I went with. And with that, I'm out for the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment