Friday, March 27, 2009

Thank goodness for preliminary drafts

Life as always is busy, busy, busy. This week has certainly flown by and I should make sure I get myself back into school mode 100% (I was still in spring break mode for pieces of the week), especially once next week comes around.

I'm not sure if other people are like this, but whenever I have homework with an impending deadline, I can't switch over to doing other productive things. Today, I was hitting my head against some challenging math problems and I couldn't pull myself to say, put a load of laundry in downstairs, or take a break to sort through some old papers. Fortunately, I only need to do a preliminary draft of a part of the assignment (it's the writing intensive math class), so I don't need to crank out an entire pristine version. It'll be nice to be done with tough math classes.

Otherwise, my week was pretty good. The ASL midterm went pretty well, although I'm always a little apprehensive when it comes to vocabulary (since there's so much of it). My parents got a new dog recently; my dad wanted a dog that was not only cute, but also smart, so now there's a border collie in the house (hopefully she gets enough time outside to run around).

Well, I should crash for a few hours. It'll be my last choir concert at the St Paul Cathedral weekend--where has the time gone? I'm also going to the RHA Social tomorrow night (well, tonight... as in Friday), so that should be fun. Maybe I'll get to pull off some mad swing moves (it'll be my first time going, so I don't know exactly what to expect).

No comments:

Post a Comment