Saturday, December 15, 2007

the eye of the storm draws to a close

Hello everyone,

So, yes, it's been a little less than a month since I last posted a blog... A lot of that is because I've been working on my 365days project on flickr. Not that it's a bad thing... I just have been using that as a daily photo journal, so I put the blog on the backburner since I'm posting a little daily report online. In case people are interested, here is the link to my page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/supersancho/

I'll try to make this short since I should get to bed within the next hour or so. Regular school classes are done, so it's now finals week. Cryptology, Chamber Singers, and Sociology of Music have all been done since before classes ended, which have been nice. The three other classes have finals either Tuesday or Wednesday, although I might take one early Sunday. This week has been, as to be expected, crazy busy. The biggest thing was having two papers due and a choir concert on Tuesday, and then whipping together a vocal performance/presentation for my Wednesday night class... fortunately it all got done, even if it wasn't to perfection.

My residents have been alright. A week or two ago, some of my residents held another rave, where I served as photographer, and then another one of my residents held a holiday swing dance party. Now that we're in final weeks, people are obviously studying, but it's been difficult trying to get them adhering to quiet hours... oh well, another few days, and then all finals are done. They are good residents... just loud at nights... quite consistently.

Let's see... I have been able to get outside of the building some. I took yesterday to not be productive regarding school, so I went shopping, to the Wok, Scrubs/Guitar Hero night... it was all fun. It looks like I'll have more free time next semester, so I hope to break that time up between my residents and getting out of the building. Today was also rather non-productive, but I am starting to get back into the "okay, stuff has to get done so let's work on it" mood.

I'm not sure what else to say. Physically, things are good. Emotionally, things have been up-and-down, but aside from two different situations, also good. Mentally, it's been a strain lately but the last two days have been good for recovery before the final stretch. Spiritually, things are the same... which I want to work on. Although rather than going into details, I should probably wrap this entry up.

I hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for upcoming finals. Also, I hope everyone has safe travels getting home and over winter break. Talk to everyone later (you'll probably hear from me again at least once before I leave the Cities), take care and God bless!

~Matt dB

No comments:

Post a Comment