Wednesday, November 21, 2007

break is finally here!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and leave a quick blog entry. Things have been going well overall. The midterm on Monday was pretty good, although even before I turned the test in, I knew I hadn't done the last problem correctly (but at that point, I just wanted to turn it in and bank on partial credit for that particular one). With that of the way, as well as today's readings and "what we think is authentic/inauthentic world music" assignment, I'm done with school stuff for the week! Technically, I have two classes tomorrow (two were cancelled), but there is no pre-reading or homework in either of those classes, so I'm set.

I have been able to get good amounts of sleep, for the most part. I definitely feel ready for a break for a few days. It'll be nice to have less people in the building (especially in terms of enforcing quiet hours, as well as finding an empty TV lounge), as well as not have to constantly work away at readings/assignments/etc. I do have a list of things I should work on over break (new bulletin boards, cleaning the room, figuring stuff out for the future, etc), but I will take to relax, not to worry. I can definitely tell the other CA's are also ready for a break, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Tonight, I got to meet the boyfriend of one of my co-workers via playing a card game. Being with her boyfriend again, she definitely looked more at peace than how I'd seen her a mere few weeks back at a staff meeting.

So yeah, as I said things are going well, but I do want some time to myself (or at least with fewer people around.... not necessarily no one else around... just fewer people). 365days is also going well, and I've definitely been getting a lot of nice comments on my stuff so far.

Well, my mind is wandering, so I should get it some rest. I hope everyone has Thanksgiving plans figured out, and I wish you all safe travels! Talk to you all later, take care and God bless!

~Matt dB

No comments:

Post a Comment