Hey there,
I just felt like making another quick entry to the blog. I figure that if I update every few days, even if it feels really soon, I won't end up putting off a new blog for a month... again.
So, it was rather odd on Monday when I looked at the paper and the Garfield strip fit me to a t.
(You can go to http://www.garfield.com/comics/vault.html and see the strip for November 5, 2007.)
Yeah, I was feeling that way particularly on Monday because I had an advising appointment with the math people... and of course, when I mean math people, I mean that my "advisor" was another person I was basically meeting for the first time while he was looking over my academic life in college. Next semester is close to being figured out. Instead of two math courses, I'm taking one in math and one in statistics. Apparently, those two classes are different continuations of a math class I took last spring. Something tells me it'll be interesting to have them at the same time.
The current trouble with my schedule is that I don't know how I'm going to fit a sociology class into the schedule. I was planning on taking social theory (required for all soc majors/minors), but it's only offered three times: during math, during stats, and during music (which, in my mind, is one of those unwritten year-long classes). I looked at what else I had to take for the soc minor. As it turns out, there's a sociology class that is surprisingly similar to the premise of my math and stats courses (making use of large sets of data)... although in the best scenario, I'll have to miss 15 minutes from lecture one day a week (either from stats or soc... but probably a combination). The class meets for 2-1/2 hours of lecture and 1hr40mins of lab each week... 15 minutes is managable, right?
If you can't tell, that's a thing that's quite pertinent on my mind right now. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to find the prof that will be teaching research methods next semester... we'll have to see.
Aside from figuring out next semester, things have been good. It feels odd not having to stay up working on a crazy long cryptology assignment. I do have a first draft of the hsci research paper due in a week (with a possible two day extension)... is it bad that I don't want to work on it right now? The midterm on Monday went pretty well, but I'll let you know the final verdict when I get the test back (either tomorrow or Friday I'm guessing). I had a big talk with Adrienne at the Cedar about various projects rather than just cut-and-dry data entry. The project I'm starting to plan out is a video that basically showcases the Cedar and tells people on how to get involved, etc. I think the two other people from the U and I are going to team up and work on the list of projects together, so I'm actually kind of excited for that.
Oh, and speaking of the Cedar, I'm going to my first show there Thursday! It's a concert of the Owls (pop/rock as iTunes lists it), and since I'm an intern there, I was put on the guest list today. I do have a desk shift immediately before that, but I think I can plan it out and not be too late.
Well, I can either try to work on a thing or two before bed... or just go to bed right now. Either way, I should wrap up this blog. Hope everyone is doing well. TTYL, take care and God bless!
~Matt dB
P.S. Here are the answers to the 15 Truths I posted on Saturday:
1. Truth (and it's been the only football game we've won this season)
2. Truth
3. Lie (haven't played GH3, played Halo 3 system-linked once)
4. Truth
5. Truth
6. Lie (it's been a challenge/struggle with certain readings, but it has been feeling better as the semester as gone on, thank goodness)
7. Truth
8. Truth
9. Truth (and I can't wait to help plan that!)
10. Truth
11. Truth
12. Truth
13. Lie (the guy I was walking with actually found the dollar)
14. Truth
15. Lie (it's been on my mind, but I haven't put any time into it currently)
16. Truth
17. Truth
18. Truth
19. Lie (it's also true for the other CA Matt even)
20. Truth... obviously
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment