Same as before... 15 truths and 5 lies... and this list is a special CYC edition.
1. I am actually sitting at home in Bemidji right now even though the last batch of kids comes to camp tomorrow morning.
2. Out of a counseling staff of 25 (counselors, program staff, and camp director), I'm the fourth person or so to leave early in the summer.
3. If you were to take all the kids I had in my cabins over the summer, put them all together and make them college-aged, that would be a pretty good estimate to the size of my floor I'll be a CA for.
4. I had settlers (the youngest age group) for more than half the weeks of camp.
5. The 3 morning activites I led/assisted the most this summer were (in order) drama, music, and dance.
6. Even though some other counselors didn't have cars with them, I was the only person without a driver's license on staff.
7. I still have money in my camp store account.
8. I have personally shook Archbishop Flynn's hand.
9. Over the whole summer, I only had one kid go home early that was in my cabin.
10. A counselor and I have compared our friendship to imperialistic Europe.
11. I have not only had international co-workers, but campers from other countries.
12. Each week, I got to experience a new side of camp by working with a different co-counselor.
13. I tried egg salad sandwiches for the first time ever while at camp.
14. During the only week I could have gone overnight camping with my guys, we were rained out.
15. Since I was always encouraging my kids to be creative during arts & crafts, I never had time to paint my own name on a wall of the art barn.
16. Like my childhood, I was the counselor who got the most mail (or at least in the top 3).
17. Some pathfinder girls told me that I should make a Christian music video and try to sneak it onto TV.
18. My camp director and program director had a flat-out open door policy for visiting them--they literally did not have a door for their office.
19. After a while, I started to borrow other people's iPods or go on their laptops to hear different types of music.
20. Being a counselor at CYC was one of the best things I could have done to prepare to be a CA in the fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment