hello everyone,
I know it's late and I should really get some sleep. It feels like a while since I've blogged, but maybe that's because things have been happening quickly. I'm going to talk about camp in a later blog, but here's a brief list of stuff I've done while in Bemidji (I arrived here Sunday night and will be leaving tomorrow morning)
-sleeping in!
-memorial service for Mr. Ronnander
-trip to the dentist for a sealant and not a cavity fortunately
-haircut
-meningitis shot
-visit to Joe's to say hi/goodbye and pick up lent video games
-visit Grandma & Grandpa DeBlieck in Park Rapids
-back-to-school Target shopping trip
-unpacking CYC stuff
-packing for school
-lunch with Chris and Erik
-various pictures of Bemidji and Park Rapids (and having three rolls of film developed)
-seeing Chicago at the PBP
The time I've been here has been kind of frantic. Like I said, when I'm in the Cities I'll be able to blog more about camp, my summer, etc. For now, I'm going to head out and leave you with the answers for the 15 truths-CYC style (I felt it would be nice to have the answers)
Good night all and I will talk to you later!
~Matt dB
Answers to 15 Truths (Catholic Youth Camp edition):
1. Truth (at the time of course)
2. Lie! Due to health issues, family situations, school preparation, etc, I was more like the ninth counselor to leave camp early, rather than the fourth.
3. Truth
4. Truth
5. Truth
6. Lie! There were actually two other counselors my age who also didn't have driver's licenses, which was a first.
7. Truth
8. Truth
9. Truth (homesickness)
10. Truth (although now it's between myself, two other counselors, and the older counselor's boyfriend)
11. Truth (I had campers from Russia and Romania, I think?)
12. Lie! Over the 7 weeks of campers, I was with two guys for a week apiece, by myself (in essence) for two weeks, and with a guy named Nathan for three weeks.
13. Truth
14. Truth
15. Lie! This was kind of true, but since I had weekends and a night off a week, I found time to do stuff, like paint my name on the art barn.
16. Truth
17. Truth
18. Truth
19. Lie! More like the reverse happened... people started to borrow my iPod and one of the guys commented on my diverse musical selection on my iPod. He more or less said "It's like when you go to the next song, it's a completely different genre."
20. Truth. Very big truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment