Saturday, July 7, 2007

PBP visit and a thought of farewell

Hello everyone,

Tonight, my mom and I went to the PBP so see "The Last of the Red Hot Lovers". I thought it was a good show, and it turns out that the main guy (well, the only guy actually) is a German professor from the U that Sara has taken classes from before. Life never ceases to amaze me in terms of little connections that pop up here and there.
Over the course of the evening, I was able to see a bunch of friends who are working at the PBP again this summer as well as friends from in town. It was nice to chat with Teej for a while... I hope she finds a new assistant. It was also good to see and briefly talk with Zach, Rachel M, Jessie L, Mr and Mrs Williams, Josh, Dale, and everyone else and it would have been nice to talk more... I guess the evening just didn't give us enough time.
There was one scene in Red Hot Lovers that reminded me of Pope and the Witch. Well, part of a scene anyway. This will probably make little sense to everyone except for any people who have seen both plays... I'm not sure what the censorship is for these blog sites, so I'll to keep it clean. Anyway, the scene was with Barney smoking and how he's describing what his body is feeling and how "everything is slooooooowwwwwwiiinnnnggggg dddooooowwwwwnnnn....". That reminded me of the scene in Pope and the Witch when the Italian Mafia comes in and injects the Pope and he goes off on a rant and such. Even though one was a depressant and one was a stimulant, but they were both showing someone reacting to a drug for the first time. It was interesting, for lack of a better word.

*pause*

I find myself clicking on the tab and looking at your picture. I don't know you as well as Jessie or Tibby do, but I wish I could've tried more, back in high school. I'm glad I was able to come on Monday. I had forgotten the sight of your smile. I wish I could have spent more time with Bart. You might have heard about when I defended you at Pizza Hut yesterday. I couldn't let them think those lies and I couldn't let them think that about you. I'm going to try to visit you tomorrow, so I hope you're there. I hope I can see you one last time before I go back to McGregor. Maybe I can stop by Steve's too while I'm at it...

*pause*

Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment