Hello again,
Wow, it's been a while since Thanksgiving, eh? As always, it's been hustle and bustle down/up/over (depending on your perspective) here in the Cities. Here's a overview of my classes and the upcoming load:
English-DONE!! (final portfolio was turned in Thursday)
Choir-final concert is today... in fact, I might have to head out in a little bit (but I'll keep writing it in one entry)
Calculus-two very long crappy assignments due Tues, final on Thursday (15th)
Phys-lab and discussion are done, and the final is on Sat (17th)
Chem-lab is done, and the final is on the final day of... finals (21st)
Oh, I should get ready for the concert... including the opera, so I'll continue this when I get back...
*time gap of 4.5 hours*
Okay, I'm back. The concert was pretty good. I was a little irked by the actions of some during the opera; let's just say that about half of the chorus on my side of the stage was being brain-dead at one point, because we all needed to remove part of our costume since we changed characters and they didn't because "it's not written on the sheet." Then again, we (as the chamber singers) got put into an opera three weeks before it performed, and did quite well, considering the practice schedule and school.
So, there's been a lot happening recently. With that in mind, don't even expect an answer to "So, what do you want for Christmas?" Besides, you don't have to get me anything--I should be thankful for what I have already. I guess a lot of what's been happening lately has been school, choir, and oh, yeah, FTNV/FVEM. Mike, Beth, Charlie (in the Superblock), Matt A (11th floor), Jordan (Mike's friend from Hamline Univ), and I are creating a group that will make movie projects (and I mean 'make' as in do every aspect of the movie: acting, filming, audio, sound, special effects, choreography, scripts, and so on). Okay, we're going to get more people with us before we tackle a project, but eventually, we'll be making film shorts with groups of people specializing on a certain part of the movie. Even in the two weeks we've been having meetings, we've made considerable headway, and as of tomorrow, FVEM (Film and Visual Effects Magic) will be an official U of M group!
Well, I should get to calc homework before too long and there's a floor meeting at nine, so I'll wrap this up. I hope that everyone is doing well and getting ready for big ol' finals. I'll be leaving the U the 21st, and I'll be leaving the Cities the 22nd, so if you're in the Cities or Bemidji, you can plan accordingly. Talk to everyone later, take care, and God bless.
-Matt DB
Oh, I should get ready for the concert... including the opera, so I'll continue this when I get back...
*time gap of 4.5 hours*
Okay, I'm back. The concert was pretty good. I was a little irked by the actions of some during the opera; let's just say that about half of the chorus on my side of the stage was being brain-dead at one point, because we all needed to remove part of our costume since we changed characters and they didn't because "it's not written on the sheet." Then again, we (as the chamber singers) got put into an opera three weeks before it performed, and did quite well, considering the practice schedule and school.
So, there's been a lot happening recently. With that in mind, don't even expect an answer to "So, what do you want for Christmas?" Besides, you don't have to get me anything--I should be thankful for what I have already. I guess a lot of what's been happening lately has been school, choir, and oh, yeah, FTNV/FVEM. Mike, Beth, Charlie (in the Superblock), Matt A (11th floor), Jordan (Mike's friend from Hamline Univ), and I are creating a group that will make movie projects (and I mean 'make' as in do every aspect of the movie: acting, filming, audio, sound, special effects, choreography, scripts, and so on). Okay, we're going to get more people with us before we tackle a project, but eventually, we'll be making film shorts with groups of people specializing on a certain part of the movie. Even in the two weeks we've been having meetings, we've made considerable headway, and as of tomorrow, FVEM (Film and Visual Effects Magic) will be an official U of M group!
Well, I should get to calc homework before too long and there's a floor meeting at nine, so I'll wrap this up. I hope that everyone is doing well and getting ready for big ol' finals. I'll be leaving the U the 21st, and I'll be leaving the Cities the 22nd, so if you're in the Cities or Bemidji, you can plan accordingly. Talk to everyone later, take care, and God bless.
-Matt DB

No comments:
Post a Comment