Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Reflecting on 2015 & Looking Ahead

Hey everyone - don't worry, I'm alive. The rest of the New Year's gathering with the college group was pretty fun, although there was a lot going on so when I got back to campus, I was ready for another vacation just to do nothing.

It's customary this time of year to reflect on the year behind and year ahead of us. Overall, I do think 2015 was a good year for me. I went to an awesome convention with Michelle and some of our online friends. I saw two of my best college friends get married (and was even an usher). I started grad school again (just a lot to balance but making it through). There's also the photo project revolving around a little han. Fortunately, I can use that album to help remind me of other things I did. Oh, I went down to Missouri for the Missouri Academy's big summer reunion. I've now seen Star Wars three times and been to Door County including some winery tours.

While I don't have big memories for everything, I also took this year to do more with the gaming group in the Green Bay area and even do a little exploring on my own. I still have a long ways to go, but I do want to push myself out of the norm with visiting new places, including the places that are close by.

I know it's an obvious thing to say, but this is also a time to make resolutions for the year and change things up. As I was talking with a college friend about life, my blog came up as a brief discussion topic. It was my 2015 resolution to blog everyday so I could get back into the habit and it was my most successful resolutions in a few years. I only missed two or three days and made it a part of my routine. However, it did seem like many of those entries were placeholders - little updates about life or a quick ramble without much grit. Fortunately, there were other times when I was able to capture little memories that I wouldn't have remembered otherwise.

Anyway, with 2015 over, I think it's time for a change with the blog. As evidenced by my absence here the past couple days, I'm not going to be blogging everyday. I don't want the lack of routine to make me fall back into old habits of not blogging for months at a time, so at minimum, I'm going to blog once a week. It could very well be Random Tuesdays or some other weekly offshoot, but there would be at least something. Additionally, if there are other days when I truly have something to say, I'll blog about it. Again, it's important to remember the little things or talk about a big event in society, but those memories/revelations don't necessarily happen everyday. 

(I do have some other New Year's resolutions in the works, but that might be a story for another day.)

With that said, I need to get some sleep. I have an earlier morning the next two days for some First Aid/CPR re-certification classes. Tomorrow will also be National Technology Day (I'll still comment on upcoming holidays but clearly, I won't get to everyday with the new schedule).

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment