1:43AM, Tuesday, March 1st:
Geez, it's been over a month since I blogged. I need to fix this. Okay, I'm just going to have mini-blogs throughout the day and that will at least be an update. (Since it's a Tuesday, I wouldn't have time to write a full entry all at once anyways.) I'll try to update you on various stuff, but for now I need to go to bed...
9:54AM:
Today is definitely going to be a long day... I just hope I make it in time to pick up a breakfast sandwich...
10:06AM:
Success. Now it's just getting work done before a trip into town at 11. I'm trying to think of things to update you on... I'm 24 now. It's not much of a momentous number, since I still have to wait another year before I can rent a car without the under-25 fees, but it does feel odd to be at the end of the 18-24 part of life. Maybe I've completed too many online surveys, but it does feel like 24/25 is another life shift...
10:35AM:
March is going to be a very crazy month. The big thing for me is the 4-day outing with the Robotics team for the Kansas City regional. There is a math competition this weekend and part of the month will be spent prepping for state competitions and April in general. I'm just glad Spring Break is this month or I'd be more concerned. Of course, there are some things that are just put on hold until after Robotics.
5:13PM:
Yep, definitely a long day. I took a student around town to pick up some stuff for Robotics, which ended up including some particle board, cable, pulleys and then 5 yards of fabric and mailbox numbers for the bumpers... Don't worry, we don't use 5 yards of fabric each year. We just saw this pretty nice fabric (almost like the canvas outdoor folding chairs) and I figure we could stockpile some for the next few years. Then, I met up with some co-workers for lunch, had a staff meeting and then rushed back here to instruct my class. It did feel kind of rushed, since I needed to finish a letter of recommendation for a student that's due today. I just hope the school doesn't dock the student because I didn't send it out until 5:06pm... we'll just have to see I guess.
In any case, it's been a good day. My next eminent project is completing a few job applications for the summer. It would be for a program called Upward Bound that has some similarities to here (students getting a head-start at college and who generally want to expand their knowledge and have a fun time)... there is an Upward Bound Math/Science program, but I think I'm just going to go with the general program since I would have the weekends off and I do want that time to do basically nothing.
12:09AM, Wednesday, March 2nd:
Like I said before, Tuesdays are busy days. After that last snippet, I had some chats with students, got dinner, worked the SLO, helped make bumpers, made my version of the schedule for Science Olympiad state (I just hope it goes off without a hitch in a week's time), had a wing meeting, and took the guys to the Station because I felt like being generous... Yeah, maybe I should try the mini-blogs on a different day... like tomorrow! Err... today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment