Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another Look at Gold

So, as I may have said before, my guys were picking up Pokemon games last semester, mainly through emulators. I decided to continue the trend and when I went home for winter break, I got my old games and Game Boy Advance. One of the first nights I was back, I decided to try out Pokemon Gold and it felt like I did really well for only 2 hours or so. Then, when I came back to it the next day, my game file had disappeared! I tried it again and it would still delete my save file when the system was off. It turns out that the battery in the game pack died, which took me a while to replace. It wasn't difficult, but it took a few days to get to a Wal-Mart with some time to shop for myself (and it was just a CR2025 watch battery).

It's been a few days and I played it off and on for 8 or 9 hours. I must say, it's had great replay value. Of course, since I hadn't played any Pokemon game in 5+ years (and I don't have a guide on my side the whole way this time), it does feel like a fresh take at the story. At this point, here's my party:

Quilava L30
Onix L26
Weepinbell L26
Eevee L22
Wooper L16
Togepi L14

I'm hoping to evolve Eevee into Jolteon, maybe get Abra/Kadabra, and some good Ground and Rock moves for Onix.

Well, I should wrap this up. In an hour, I'm driving kids down to Alabama... according to one estimate, it'll be 12 hours of driving. Apparently, people have said that it's more like ten, but it will be an all-night drive for us. Fortunately there's three staff members and only two vans to drive so if it's a 12-hour drive, we can split it into each of us doing 8 hours of driving. I'll be with that trip until Monday night, so I'll be out of touch until then. Later!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know a gosh dern THING about Pokemon...other than that Eevee is REALLY CUTE!!! :D (I played Pokemon Snap a few times in middle school...)

    ReplyDelete