Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Full First Week

Training continues. It's been a lot of information, but I'm glad we're starting to work on concrete procedures (like the procedures for a fire, tornado, and active shooter alarm one afternoon). It's also good to hear presentations from different people through the university since each person brings their own character into their presentation. We are all very glad it's the weekend, which was certainly evident today when our last session kind of just fell apart from all the giggles and off-the-wall comments.

I've been able to make improvements to the apartment each day... some days are smaller than others, but my list of small projects is shrinking (will probably grow as I think of more, but that's a good thing). My first Friday night in Missouri was spent shopping, washing dishes and doing other adult things. Can you believe it?

I like my co-workers. I know I say that a lot, but I'm really glad to be able to spend time with these people who I work with. Our library of inside jokes is already starting to grow. If anything, I'll just need to find personal time to recharge since I'm working with a lot of social Blues and Oranges while I'm one of the few Golds.

Tomorrow, we will be taking the international students to Kansas City to see a baseball game there. We're also going to Lawrence for lunch, so I can check Kansas off the list of 'states I still haven't visited'. I think I'll be driving the van even! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment