The Chicago pictures are up on Flickr. Of course, exploring a new city makes for a lot of photos, so it's slow going at times. Then again, as long as I post more than one day's worth of photos at a time, I'm at least making headway. (I'm just thinking of this as Part 1 of 3. Part 2 is South Bend and the rest of the road trip and Part 3 is after the road trip until now.)
As for the Steampunk Initiative, I went into town and explored one of the antique shops. When I walked out, my main thought was "why didn't I think about making steampunk stuff sooner?" because there was a lot of good stuff in there. Plus, I know that once I get my mind going, there are things that may not inspire me now but could do wonders later. I picked up a small quantity of things, including a really thin belt which will be the strap for the goggles. I've been thinking about the goggles and I think it would be great to combine function and form and make a pair of prescription goggles. I have some old pairs of glasses and I was thinking about the idea with Robotics last year. Then again, having the shop right in the building will be a good source of ideas/scrap supplies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment